How can we help you?
Is there an age limit?
How long is the whole trip?
Approximately 3.5 hrs
How do I order photos/video?
Is there a weight limit?
Min. 40 kg
Max. 105 kg (Airplane Skydiving)
Max. 95 kg (Helicopter Skydiving)
What should I wear?
Can I bring my own camera?
Please see full list of frequently asked questions below
- What is the difference between airplane and helicopter skydive?
The airplane flight to altitude is approximately 15 minutes, which is longer than the approximately 8 minutes it takes in the helicopter.
We can only offer handcam video/photos options from the helicopter where we can offer both handcam and camera flyer (video/photos) from the airplane, however camera flyer is subject to availability.
We can take up to 4 tandems from the airplane where we can only take 2 tandems from a helicopter.
The views from both locations are both beautiful. You are closer to the mountains when you are jumping from the helicopter but you see less of the mountain range.
When you jump from the airplane you see more of the Swiss Alps mountain range, the lakes and on very clear days you can see the Matterhorn.
- How many people can jump at the same time?
We can take up to 4 tandems when jumping from an airplane or 2 tandems from a helicopter.
- How high do we jump from?
We jump from 4000m (13,000ft) out of the helicopter or airplane. Dependent on weather conditions and air traffic we can jump from 4600m (15,000ft) out of the airplane for additional CHF 35.00 – this option can only be determined by the pilot on the day.
- What is the best time of day to jump?
We recommend booking your skydive for the earliest time slot available on the earliest day you can. In the event your jump is cancelled due to weather at least you have the option to reschedule to a later time slot or day. The weather in the mountains can change quickly but we find the weather in the mornings are more favourable.
- Can I book the high jump for CHF 430?
Due to air traffic, we cannot guarantee the high jump. We can make a remark in your booking and if it is possible on the day you can pay the difference.
- Is your company insured or hold any certificates?
All of our tandem masters are licensed, experienced jumpers and have thousands of jumps under their belt.
Our equipment is checked regularly and are all insured.
Our aircrafts are also insured and maintained under the regulations set by the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA).
We are certified and audited under the Swiss Skydive Quality Management System and we have an alliance with United States Parachute Association (USPA).
- Do you provide medical/accident insurance?
No, we do not provide medical or accident insurance, but we recommend you to acquire it. Before skydiving, everyone is required to sign a Waiver (release of liability form) in order to participate in the activity.
You are not required to have a medical or accident insurance, but if you wish to have one, you need to organise it yourself. If you are traveling from abroad, skydiving could be covered by your travel insurance. Please get in touch with your insurer to clarify and/or arrange this.
All guests are covered by our third party liability insurance during their skydive.
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
In accordance with the hygiene and social distancing rules issued by the Swiss government, all our customers are required to wear face masks.
We kindly ask you to bring your own face masks for your personal use. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one upon arrival.
- What are you doing to ensure the safety of your guests?
We are adhering to the guidelines outlined in our protection concept approved by BASPO (Bundesamt für Sport). We will be doing the following:
- Regularly disinfecting all surfaces,
- Providing handwashing and disinfecting facilities,
- Maximum of 15 people are allowed in the hangar at any time,
- Masks need to be worn at all times inside the hangar,
- All staff and guests are required to wear face masks and goggles while they are on the plane,
- Our tandem instructors will be wearing full-face helmets,
- Where possible, a distance of 2m between you and all other participants and employees of Skydive Switzerland will be observed
Please follow all instructions given by our staff and communicated by signs placed around the dropzone to ensure the safety of you, our staff and other participants.
If you have signs of illness (fever, cough etc.), please do not visit our dropzone. All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
- I feel ill, am I allowed to skydive?
To ensure the safety of our staff and other participants, we ask you not to visit our dropzone if you have any signs of illness (fever, cough etc.). All guests (family or friends) coming to watch are also required to follow these rules.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a waiver confirming that you do not have any Coronavirus symptoms to be eligible for skydiving.
- Are you still providing transport from Interlaken?
Yes, we do provide transport to our dropzone. Everyone is required to wear a mask.
Please note that only the people that are booked for skydiving can come on our bus, we do not provide transportation for family and friends.
- I am a fun jumper, can I come to your dropzone to jump?
Yes, fun jumpers are allowed at the dropzone, however, there are some restrictions.
Please make sure that we are jumping on that day by contacting us via email or phone.
Please note that upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a declaration confirming that you do not have any Coronavirus symptoms to be eligible for skydiving.
Please make sure you bring your own face masks.
While at our dropzone, you’re required to follow these rules:
- Maximum of 15 people are allowed in the hangar at any time.
- Masks need to be worn at all times inside the hangar and the plane.
- Upon arrival, fun jumpers will be divided into odd and even groups. There are markings on the ground outside the hangar to show where they need to wait when they are not packing or jumping. Odds jump on loads 1, 3, 5 etc. and evens on 2, 4, 6 etc.
- I am a fun jumper, what time should I come to the DZ?
For winter 2020/2021, we have changed our DZ opening times:
Monday to Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 15:30 PM
Friday to Sunday: 12:00 PM – 15:30 PM
Please make sure that we are jumping on that day by contacting us via email or phone.
- Can I wear my contact lenses or glasses?
Yes, absolutely. We have goggles which fit easily over your glasses, so you can wear both during your skydive and see every detail of this amazing experience!
- What is the minimum age for skydiving?
Minimum age is 16 years. From age 16 to 18 years old we require written parental or guardian consent.
- Is there a weight restriction for skydiving?
NOTE! All weight limits are including the clothes and shoes you will be most likely wearing on the day of your skydive.
The minimum weight is 40 kg
The maximum weight for Airplane Skydiving is 105 kg
The maximum weight for Helicopter Skydiving is 95 kg
Please note the maximum height for Helicopter Skydiving is 1.83 m, there is no maximum height for airplane skydiving.
- What is the minimum and maximum height for skydiving?
The minimum height is 1.4 m
There is no maximum height for Airplane Skydiving
The maximum height for Helicopter Skydiving is 1.83 m
- What happens if the weather is too bad to jump?
Rain, snow, clouds, fog and wind can affect your chances of jumping.
If we need to cancel due to the weather you can reschedule for another time and date or you will get a full refund.
The weather can change so quickly here in the mountains and we cannot confidently rely on the weather forecast.
We will only decide shortly before the time of pick up if we need to cancel or not.
If we decide to cancel we will first contact you by email, approx. 30 minutes prior to the trip time.
If we cannot contact you by email we will try to contact you by telephone or through your place of accommodation.
- How long does the skydive take?
From Interlaken – Drop Zone – Interlaken you can expect it to take approx. 3.5 hours
- Flight to altitude – approx. 15 minutes in the airplane or approx. 5-10 minutes in the helicopter
- Freefall – approx. 45 seconds
- Flight under canopy – approx. 5 minutes
- Does the price include transport?
Yes. We will pick you up from your accommodation in Interlaken/Wilderswil* or from the train station in Interlaken West or Ost / Wilderswil*/ Lauterbrunnen* / Reichenbach.
*Pick up at Lauterbrunnen and Wilderswil for airplane skydiving is only possible for the first trip of the day. For helicopter skydiving trips, we pick up from Interlaken, Wilderswil and Lauterbrunnen for all trips.
- Can I bring my own GoPro / Camera?
You are more than welcome to take your GoPro or camera to the drop zone and take photos and videos while you are on the ground.
For safety reasons, you are not allowed to take cameras and phones into the plane. Even licensed skydivers need 200 jumps before they can take a camera skydiving.
- How soon will I get my video / photos?
You can expect to get your video/photos within 3 days of your jump. If you have still not received them after 3 days please contact us.
- What is the length of my video?
The standard handcam edited video of your skydive is approx. 5-6 minutes long. You can see an example video here.
If you want a shorter video to post it on social media, select the Social Media Add-On which is a 60 seconds long edit of your skydive. This video product is only available in combination with other video products. Here’s an example video of this edit.
- How many photos do I get?
We guarantee a minimum of 60 photos but you normally get up to 100 photos.
- What is the difference between handcam and camera flyer video / photos?
Handcam is when the tandem master wears a camera on their wrist to capture your skydive and the camera flyer is when a 2nd person follows you out of the plane to capture your skydive.
Handcam video/photos will also capture you under the canopy and the camera flyer will capture some of your flight under the canopy and landing from the ground.
You can have a look at a sample recording here.
- I want the camera flyer option, how can I book it online?
We can only confirm at the time of pick up if we have the camera flyer option. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm in advance because it is dependent on bookings, weather, staff and aircraft.
We can add a note on your booking that you want the camera flyer and we will do our best to offer it to you.
- Can we book camera flyer for the heli jump?
Unfortunately, there is not enough space in the helicopter and we can only offer the handcam video/photo option.
- Will my photos be of high quality?
Whether you choose handcam or camera flyer option, we provide good quality photos with all of our products, however, it can vary from product to product due to the differences in the process.
The best photo quality is available when you opt for handcam photos product (CHF 120) or any of the camera flyer packages that includes photos.
When you opt for the handcam combo (photos and video package), the camera will capture the video and photos will be later created as stills from the video footage.
- Can you capture me and my friends on the same camera?
Unfortunately not. The time and distance gap between each tandem’s exit, which is a safety requirement, prevents us from being able to film more than one person at a time.
If you want to capture everyone from your group, you all will have to order individual photo/video products.
However, we do try to film you and your group of friends together on the ground, in the plane and after the jump whenever possible.
- Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, please contact us for the rates if you have a group of 4 people or more.
No group discounts apply for the helicopter skydive or for scenic flights.
- What's your cancellation policy?
In the event of a complete cancellation, the following costs will be incurred by the purchaser:
1. 0% – Cancellation with more than 48 hours notice
2. 50% – Cancellation with 24 hours notice
3. 100% – Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice or in the event of not showing up
- What happens if I am too scared to jump?
Our tandemmasters will do our best to reassure you and encourage you to jump however our tandemmasters will never force you.
If your final decision is not to jump full charges will apply for your skydive including any video / photo packages purchased.
- What do I need to bring?
You do not need to bring your passport but please bring your booking ticket or agent voucher and money (cash or credit card), in case you want to buy a drink/snack and/or photo and video package.
- What should I wear for Skydiving?
Wear comfortable clothing, closed shoes and dress for the weather.
We will give you a lightweight jumpsuit to wear over your clothes.
In winter we suggest you bring gloves.
- Can I buy a voucher for the skydiving experience?
Yes, we have different gift voucher options available. You can select airplane skydive or helicopter skydive voucher, or vouchers at different values starting from CHF 150 to CHF 500.
We’re always up for making someone’s day extra special. Feel free to contact us with your ideas.
Please make sure the receiver of the gift voucher is eligible to skydive as per our age, weight and height requirements.
- How long are the vouchers valid for?
All vouchers are valid for 2 years since the purchase date. All vouchers are non-refundable.
- How and where can I redeem a Skydive Switzerland voucher?
To redeem your voucher, you will need to make a booking.
When booking online on our website (please click on the VIEW DATES & BOOK button at the top of this page), you can use your voucher code at the checkout. Enter the voucher code in the ‘Do you have a voucher?’ field in the cart.
If you prefer, you can contact us and we will gladly assist you.
- What voucher types are available?
All of our vouchers have three different delivery options:
- print at home (you will receive a PDF file of the voucher that you can then print out),
- virtual (a PDF file of the voucher is emailed directly to your friend or family member you want to gift it to),
- and gift box (a printed voucher will be packed in a branded box with a bonus Skydive Switzerland neck warmer and stickers included and posted to the address of your choosing; available only within Switzerland).
On all vouchers, you can enter a personalised message for the receiver of the voucher. If you do not want to do so, leave the respective field blank.
Select the option that best fits your needs and wishes.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!